I hope everyone had a great weekend! It was a nice relaxing one for us. Next weekend is going to be busy, busy, busy and I am not sure when I will be able to create or if I will even have time. Then again, it is summer time and I need to keep the girls active!
I messed around with just a plain sheet of Strathmore Bristol paper cut in half. I put down a quick layer of gesso and went from there. The first half, I was doing great until I got a little impatient and accidentally smeared black paint that wasn’t fully dry, bummer!! I will take care of that later and add it to the end of the video 🙂 That is one of the many things that I love about mixed media, you can hide or paint over whatever it is that you are unhappy with. It will still come out amazing and no one would be the wiser!
The second page, came out nicely! I rather like this style and may be doing more in the future. Here are the materials I used and most are listed in the video.
- Dylusions Paints: Lemon Zest, Cut Grass, Vibrant Turquoise
- Liquitex: White and Black Gesso, Matte Medium
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Tissue Postale
- Golden Light Molding Paste
- Decoart Pixelated stencil
- Gelatos: varies colors
- Umbrella Crafts Inks: Princess Pink and
- Inkadinkado Sketchy Flourishes
- Posca pen Black
Enjoy and have a great day! Please feel free to like, share and comment!